Dear Peters 4-6 Families,
Welcome to Peters 4-6 Elementary home of the Panthers! I am honored and proud to be your principal for the 20-21 school year. While we may be starting the year online and fully virtual, our core values and goals remain the same as always. We continue with the implementation of our Strategic Plan, The Garden Grove Way, focusing on supporting on the whole child now more than ever. We are committed to educating students by raising respectful, responsible citizens who achieve and take ownership of their actions. You will often hear our staff say…we ROAR!! Your support at home in emphasizing responsibility, ownership, academic achievement and respect is greatly appreciated.
I am proud that our highly qualified teachers continue to provide your children with the only the best instruction, using research based strategies, while online. We encourage you to be involved, as your parental involvement plays a critical role in your child’s success. Please make sure you check Google classroom and review work with your child. Even though there are many unknowns about schools re-opening to in-person instruction, parent support is needed and the constant for the well-being of the students.
Please stay updated about school events and announcements regarding COVID-19 by visiting us here on the school website or through Parent Square. Should you need any assistance or support please do not hesitate to call our office.
We are excited for another successful school year with our approximately 600 students. Our wonderful staff is committed to helping all students achieve the academic and personal skills needed for lifelong success. Our school has a strong record of academic excellence and has been named a CA Distinguished School, a Gold Ribbon School, and a Title I Academic Achievement School.
Here at Peters 4-6, we pride ourselves on offering students with an exceptional academic program and many opportunities to thrive!
- Our Boys & Girls Club is up and running, and provides students with daily homework help as well as a variety of fun and engaging activities.
- The Academic Pentathlon is a county competition for sixth grade students to compete in academic content areas with students across Orange county. The pentathlon team studies English, math, history and science subjects on an advanced level as a means to prepare for competition. We are proud to announce that Peters 4-6 recently won first place at the district scrimmage.
- The College and Career Mentoring Program pairs students with college mentors who serve as positive role models and help students prepare for success in intermediate school. Mentors also share their college experience and help students explore their college and career goals.
- Chess Club fosters critical thinking and problem solving as students engage in a plethora of games with one other.
- The Art Club allows students to express their creativity while learning a variety of artistic techniques!
We are committed to celebrating our students for achievement and effort with monthly and trimester awards. Our trimester awards are given to scholars for having a growth mindset, excelling in academics and having phenomenal citizenship. The monthly awards are given to those students who go above and beyond to demonstrate the character trait of the month.
Our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization), ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) and SSC (School Site Council) meetings engage parents in supporting the success of our school and students! The PTO program is advertised through monthly meetings, our website, flyers, and on the school marquee. Parents assist with all assemblies, field trips, the color run, fundraising, and special school activities. Our monthly Mobile Food Pantry is a farmer's market style event held in partnership with the Second Harvest Food Bank to prevent hunger in our community.
Mark your calendars! Peters 4-6 is having a variety of fun events during the 2018-2019 school year. Here are our upcoming events:
- Parent and Student Family Barbecue, May 3rd
- 6th grade science camp on May 22nd
- Strawberry Stomp Run on May 26
- Open House on May 31st
- Spring Music Concert at Don Wash Auditorium on June 4
Please feel free to stop by our school office to find out more about how you can get involved in supporting our school. We value the productive partnerships we have with our parents and community members!