Dear Peters 4-6 Families,
Welcome to Peters 4-6 Elementary! I am honored and proud to be your principal for the fifth year. I hope that all of you had a relaxing summer and had the opportunity to enjoy quality time with family and friends. This year we continue with the implementation of our Strategic Plan, The Garden Grove Way. Here at Peters 4-6 we look forward to providing students with an exceptional education that prepares them for successful futures. Our objective is to support all of our students in reaching and maintaining proficiency in the California State Standards. This year we are emphasizing Respect, Ownership, Achievement, and Responsibility (ROAR) to all of our students in order to provide only the best learning environment for all students. Your support in emphasizing these same ideals at home and in the community is greatly appreciated.
Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions.
We are excited for another successful school year with our approximately 600 students. Our wonderful staff is committed to helping all students achieve the academic and personal skills needed for lifelong success. Our school has a strong record of academic excellence and has been named a CA Distinguished School, a Gold Ribbon School, and a Title I Academic Achievement School.
Here at Peters 4-6, we pride ourselves on offering students with an exceptional academic program and many opportunities to thrive!
- Our Boys & Girls Club is up and running, and provides students with daily homework help as well as a variety of fun and engaging activities.
- The Academic Pentathlon is a county competition for sixth grade students to compete in academic content areas with students across Orange county. The pentathlon team studies English, math, history and science subjects on an advanced level as a means to prepare for competition. We are proud to announce that Peters 4-6 recently won first place at the district scrimmage.
- The College and Career Mentoring Program pairs students with college mentors who serve as positive role models and help students prepare for success in intermediate school. Mentors also share their college experience and help students explore their college and career goals.
- Chess Club fosters critical thinking and problem solving as students engage in a plethora of games with one other.
- The Art Club allows students to express their creativity while learning a variety of artistic techniques!
We are committed to celebrating our students for achievement and effort with monthly and trimester awards. Our trimester awards are given to scholars for having a growth mindset, excelling in academics and having phenomenal citizenship. The monthly awards are given to those students who go above and beyond to demonstrate the character trait of the month.
Our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization), ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) and SSC (School Site Council) meetings engage parents in supporting the success of our school and students! The PTO program is advertised through monthly meetings, our website, flyers, and on the school marquee. Parents assist with all assemblies, field trips, the color run, fundraising, and special school activities. Our monthly Mobile Food Pantry is a farmer's market style event held in partnership with the Second Harvest Food Bank to prevent hunger in our community.
Mark your calendars! Peters 4-6 is having a variety of fun events during the 2018-2019 school year. Here are our upcoming events:
- Parent and Student Family Barbecue, May 3rd
- 6th grade science camp on May 22nd
- Strawberry Stomp Run on May 26
- Open House on May 31st
- Spring Music Concert at Don Wash Auditorium on June 4
Please feel free to stop by our school office to find out more about how you can get involved in supporting our school. We value the productive partnerships we have with our parents and community members!